Sunday, September 26, 2010

Finding the Gift

"Nothing comes ahead of its time, and nothing ever happened that didn't need to happen." — Byron Katie


I am starting with this quote because the message is so clear and true.  I remember when unexpected things would come up in my life and, before The Passion Test, I would cry and let it consume all of my energy.  Now when things happen, they are no longer unexpected because ..."nothing ever happened that didn't need to happen."  


Last night I took a cab back to where I parked my car and apparently dropped my car keys in the cab.  When it happened my immediate reaction was to cry and then I thought to myself, there is nothing I can do about it now.  Luckily I have an extra set of house keys in a lock box in front of my apartment and one of my friends was able to drive me home.  I woke up this morning and felt no worry or stress.  I put my attention on the situation, I set the intention that my car keys would be found and then I let it go...no tension.  I found the gift in the situation and relaxed the entire Sunday.  


I'll find out tomorrow if they found the keys or not AND I'm sure they will have my keys.  If they don't there is still nothing I can do about it so I will just buy a key from Toyota.  


When something uninvited happens to you in your life don't stress about it; I want you to think about Byron Katie's quote as well as intention, attention and no tension.


xoxo


Jovani

2 comments:

  1. Love the quote! It's true. If we accept this logic and believe it than there would be a lot less stress in our lives. We would accept what is happening more readily and than ask ourselves "What can I learn from this?" and implement those lessons into our daily lives. It is all just part of our journey and we don't always have to have the answers because many times there are none!

    ReplyDelete